Tuesday 23 December 2014

Vivian's Couch by Michael Obiora
Release Date: 2nd December 2014
Publisher: Open Box Productions Ltd
Genres: Contemporary Fiction




Actor Michael Obiora Releases New London-Based Novel That Deals With Diversity, Identity Issues and Depression

December 2, 2014, London, UK - Actor Michael Obiora (Hotel Babylon, Casualty, Judge John Deed, My Family, Misfits & Doctor Who) has just released his latest novel “Vivian’s Couch”.

Vivian's Couch is the long-awaited prequel to Michael’s 2009 debut novel Black Shoes, and is now available from
Amazon US and Amazon UK

Kieran Ledley is the world’s most expensive football player, he is also one half of glamour couple “Kier-rissa,” and his step-brother is about to be released from prison.

Freddie Abani is the MP for Woundham, who was touted as London’s potential first black mayor – until the summer riots.

Rupal Advani is a former policewoman and is now a marijuana addict.

Gemma and her struggling filmmaker husband Pete Newman are trying to save their marriage.

Vivian Moses is a therapist, and they all have her in common.


  Michael tells us a little bit about why he wrote it:




“As an actor I’m very interested in human behaviour and the motivation for ones’ actions. I find it fascinating how we can all seem so different on the surface, but I’m even more fascinated by how similar we can be when we dig a little deeper.

I wanted to find a way to incorporate these themes into a hopefully insightful story and show how people from every walk of life can experience chaos, identity issues, betrayal, depression, and insecurities.

I also wanted wanted to write another book that reflects the diversity of my home city – London. This diversity is something I really appreciate, especially since I have spent time in other cities in the UK, where I have experienced very little diversity. And that’s not a criticism, just an observation, and something I guess I was surprised by.”

      Michael is also soon to be seen in Sky Atlantic's upcoming 
epic twelve-part crime thriller Fortitude.




- Copyright © 2013-2014 Brook Cottage Books - Powered by Blogger - Graphics & Blog Customization by JellydogDesign