Friday 15 May 2015

Silent Scream by Angela Marsons

Series: Kim Stone # 1
Release Date: 20th February 2015
Publisher: Bookouture
Genres: Thriller, Crime, Drama

I am so pleased to welcome Angela Marsons to the blog. Angela is the author of Silent Scream, the book currently racing up the book charts! Before we see what Angela had to say in her author interview, lets find out a little bit about Silent Scream.

Book Blurb

Even the darkest secrets can’t stay buried forever…


Five figures gather round a shallow grave. They had all taken turns to dig. An adult sized hole would have taken longer. An innocent life had been taken but the pact had been made. Their secrets would be buried, bound in blood …

Years later, a headmistress is found brutally strangled, the first in a spate of gruesome murders which shock the Black Country.

But when human remains are discovered at a former children’s home, disturbing secrets are also unearthed. D.I. Kim Stone fast realises she’s on the hunt for a twisted individual whose killing spree spans decades.

As the body count rises, Kim needs to stop the murderer before they strike again. But to catch the killer, can Kim confront the demons of her own past before it’s too late?

Fans of Rachel Abbott, Val McDermid and Mark Billingham will be gripped by this exceptional new voice in British crime fiction.

Watch out for more from D.I. Kim Stone


A Detective hiding dark secrets, Kim Stone will stop at nothing to protect the innocent. Silent Scream is the first book in the series – watch out for EVIL GAMES coming soon.



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24483265-silent-scream?from_search=true&search_version=service

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silent-Scream-serial-thriller-Detective-ebook/dp/B00S5K0CAU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431635202&sr=8-1&keywords=silent+scream http://www.amazon.com/Silent-Scream-serial-thriller-Detective-ebook/dp/B00S5K0CAU/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1431635506&sr=1-1&keywords=silent+scream 


AUTHOR INTERVIEW




Do you write under your real name or is this a pen name you use?

It is my real name.  I did have an agent some time ago who wanted to change it for marketing reasons but my current publisher Bookouture were perfectly happy with my own name.

Where are you from?

I’m from the Black Country in the West Midlands; the location of my books.  I’ve live in various parts of the area but always in the Black Country.

Did you write as a child?

Yes.  One of my favourite things was to invent situations and then explore my feelings about them.  My Dad would pop out to the pub and I would pretend he had left us.  I would then try and capture how I felt about it.

What was the first thing you ever had published?

I won a short story many years ago and the story was published in Writers News.  Silent Scream was my first published novel although I have self-published two of my earlier works through the Amazon KDP Program.

Do you have a writing routine?

Ideally, I like to rise early and write while the world is coming alive.  I feel totally isolated as though I’m the only person awake.  I then do normal things throughout the day and try and get back to my writing table at night when the world is going back to sleep.

Do you have any writing rituals?

Yes, I like to start each new project with brand new exercise books and a fresh pack of pencils.  I still like to write the first draft long hand so it’s like the start of a whole new journey.

Do you have a current work in progress?

Yes, Evil Games is being released on 29th May and I am currently working on the next in the Kim Stone series.

Where did the idea for Silent Scream come from?

As a teenager I used to pass by a Children’s home close to my school.  Many people thought that all the occupants were there because they’d been bad but I didn’t think that was true.  I used to wonder why they were there.

Who was the first person you gave the book to to read?

My partner, Julie.  She is my most fierce critic and will never lie to me.  She has read everything and knows when I can do better.  And she has no problems telling me so!

Do you have any advice for budding authors?

Yes, never stop writing.  The process of being published is hard and for most comes with countless rejections.  But you have to hold the faith and believe in yourself.  No-one should ever stop writing because of other people’s opinions.  I could paper my walls with the rejection letters for Silent Scream yet it spent a month at the top spot on Amazon UK.

My book group, North Down Mums Book Club has been reading your book to discuss at their next meeting. How important are book clubs to authors and do you have a special message for the group?

Firstly, thank you! I am truly grateful to every person that reads my work.  I have been trying to share my books for many years.  That people are taking the time to meet and discuss one of my books is a huge compliment.  Book Clubs have taken Silent Scream to their hearts and championed it and for that I am truly blessed.

Many thanks to Angela for taking the time to be interrogated!  Brook Cottage Books wishes Angela continued success with her writing. 


- Copyright © 2013-2014 Brook Cottage Books - Powered by Blogger - Graphics & Blog Customization by JellydogDesign