Thursday 27 March 2014



Brook Cottage Books is thrilled to have Kelly Florentia as the guest author on the blot today. Kelly has written a fab guest post. 


Hi JB, and thank you so much for having me on your blog today to talk about my writing and my new anthology, To Tell a Tale or Two.



I started writing short stories for women’s magazines quite a few years ago, and had success quite quickly when Best magazine bought one of my stories. I’ve had subsequent sales with them (Good Karma, is currently featured in their Spring Special), but also with other titles including Take a Break’s Fiction Feast and Chat It’s Fate. My stories have been published in Swedish, Norwegian and Australian magazines and have also been featured in several anthologies.


A few years ago I decided to write a novel and joined the RNA’s New Writer’s Scheme. I’m now working on my second book, a romantic, contemporary drama with a supernatural ripple.
My first novel, Betrayal, which I hope to secure with a publisher or literary agent in the near future, follows the roller coaster journey of 41-year old Audrey who suddenly finds herself in the singles realm after her long term fiancĂ© suddenly breaks off their engagement, days before their big day. It’s a tale about old love and new, heartbreak, friendship, and, as the title suggests, an ultimate betrayal. It has several twists and turns and a gentle paranormal wave running through it. 


Both my novels have a bit of a mystical sense about them. But I don’t allow the supernatural aspect to dominate the story. Ultimately, my books are about the highs and lows of love and the dramas that surround relationships.   



My anthology, To Tell a Tale or Two was published by Amazon KDP on 27th February 2014. It’s an eBook of ten short stories, each with a subtle twist. The stories are about love, infidelity and family drama. A couple of them have a ghostly essence, just for good measure. They’re very short reads, ideal for fans of women’s fiction, although some men have told me that they’ve thoroughly enjoyed reading them too! You can dip in and out of the book or just read it in one sitting. To Tell a Tale or Two is available to download onto your Kindle or any device which supports the Kindle app from Amazon. I’ve had lots of praise for the cover (a good thing, of course), but it has also received several five star reviews, which I’m absolutely thrilled about. 

You can download To Tell a Tale or Two at http://9nl.be/4f2v

Links

On Twitter @kellyflorentia. I’m also on Goodreads. My website is www.kellyflorentia.co.uk and you can contact me via email at kellyf@kellyflorentia.co.uk
 

Author Biography



Kelly Florentia is an author of women's fiction. Her short stories have been published in women's magazines worldwide and anthologised by Accent Press in their charity range. Her eBook, To Tell a Tale or Two, featuring ten of her short stories, was published in February 2014 and is available for download via Amazon.

Kelly is currently working on her second novel, a contemporary romantic drama with a supernatural swirl. Her first novel is awaiting publication.

Kelly lives in London with her husband. Hobbies include reading, jogging, cycling, Facebooking, Tweeting and yoga. Oh, and the odd game of Candy Crush Saga.

Book Blurb/Description

 

A collection of ten contemporary short stories about love, betrayal and family drama, all with a subtle twist!

Ideal for fans of chick-lit, these ten minute reads will take you through the pain of infidelity to the heartache of letting go of someone you love, the lightheartedness of speed dating to the chill of an encounter with a ghost.

Can Rebecca forgive her husband for a drunken one night stand? Find out in Band of Gold. How does Jan react when she comes face to face with her psychic lover after fifteen-years? All is revealed in Waiting for Daisy. And just how did Rob end up in a pool of blood at his wife's feet? A Passionate Crime discloses all.

Enjoy these bite sized tales during a coffee break, with a glass of wine in the evening or as a quick bedtime read.

4 Responses so far.

  1. Some fabulous stories here, Kelly!

  2. Unknown says:

    Great little bite sized tales, although I enjoyed them so much I devoured them all in one sitting! I love the subtle twist at the end of them. Highly recommended.

  3. Definitely one to check out! Short stories are soooo much fun to write, and that's completely reinvigorated my interest in the genre.

    Enjoyed your guest post, Kelly.

    Thanks for sharing, JB.

  4. Kelly Florentia says:

    Thank you all for your lovely comments. :)

- Copyright © 2013-2014 Brook Cottage Books - Powered by Blogger - Graphics & Blog Customization by JellydogDesign