Wednesday 30 September 2015

Reviewer in the Spotlight - Melissa Rose!



It is wonderful to be able to introduce Book Blogger and tour host Melissa Rose as the Reviewer in the Spotlight. Melissa is a great support to Brook Cottage Books and is always keen to participate in lots of tours. Many thanks to Melissa for agreeing to be interviewed.

Reviewer Interview


What is your blog called?

Around the World in Books - http://www.aroundtheworldinbooks.ca/

How did you come up with the name?

My blog’s theme is books around the world … hence ‘Around the World in Books’; pretty self-explanatory.

What sort of books do you review?

For the most part, I review anything and everything. My only exception is erotica; I do not care much for the genre. Ultimately, the theme of my blog goes by countries of setting/origin as opposed to the book’s genre.

Do you take part in tours? 

I am participating in one tour or another practically daily.

Why did you decide to start a blog?

I have crippling anxiety; so book blogging became a way of coping for me. I began focusing my time and energy on reading/blogging instead of being panicky. It has helped a bunch and I have met some fantastic people.

List 3 great books you have read lately

·         A Second hand Life by Pamela Crane
·         Paris Time Capsule by Ella Carey
·         Fifteen Postcards by Kirsten Mackenzie

How many books are on your TBR pile?

Oh heavens, too many lol. Honestly though, I am not sure of an exact number; all I know is that it is a big list.

How many books do you read a week?

It depends on the week or the books I am reading. Although, on average it is 2 – 3 books.

List 3 interesting facts about you.

·         I am from the port city of Vancouver BC, Canada
·         I have two Black Labrador Retrievers
·         I am a diehard hockey fan

Tell us where we can find your blog.


Melissa's Links

 ·         Twitter: https://twitter.com/MelissaErinRose

If you would like to be a tour host for Brook Cottage Books then please email brookbooks@hotmail.co.uk


One Response so far.

  1. Wonderful interview! I was honored to see my book, A Secondhand Life, listed among your latest reads, Melissa! And as for your anxiety, I can totally relate. Writing stories helped me too. Thanks for sharing with us. :)

- Copyright © 2013-2014 Brook Cottage Books - Powered by Blogger - Graphics & Blog Customization by JellydogDesign