Monday 19 October 2015

The Years of Loving You by Ella Harper

Release Date: 15th October 2015
Publisher: Avon
Genres: Contemporary Romance

Brook Cottage Books is so pleased to welcome Ella Harper to the blog! Thank you Ella for taking the time to answer a few questions. 



Do you write under your real name or is this a pen name you use?

I wrote four, glamorous, racy novels under my real name Sasha Wagstaff and The Years of Loving You is my second novel under my own name of Ella Harper. 

Where are you from?  

I'm an Essex girl, through and through! 

Did you write as a child?

I did, but I was more of a reader than a writer. 

What was the first thing you ever had published?

My first novel as Sasha Wagstaff - 'Changing Grooms'. I also published a booklet about self-esteem with a friend some years ago. 

Do you have a writing routine?

Yes - it fits around the school run! I drop my daughters off, do a work out and then I sit down and get on with it. 
 
Do you have any writing rituals? 

Apart from having a preference for black gel pens and fancy notepads, no. 

Do you have a current work in progress?

I'm working on ideas for books three and four as Ella Harper. I also have an idea for a tv series and an exciting blog I really want to set up.

Where did the idea for your book come from?

Personal experiences of missed opportunities and timing...also those of friends. Timing really is everything! 

Who was the first person you gave the book to to read? 

My friend Claire. Her surname is Molly's in the book...a little thank you for lots of support over the past year. 

Do you have any advice for budding authors?

Keep at it. There is no magic formula. It's all about sitting at a desk and writing.  And also - if I can do it, you can do it! 

 About Ella Harper



As a teenager, I devoured novels and immersed myself in learning foreign languages. I imagined I might get a glamorous job speaking French somewhere but after acquiring a BA in French and Russian studies, I followed in my father's footsteps and ended up in banking instead. I climbed the ladder, became an Assistant Vice President then starting writing a book on my commute into work. I then left my job to become a writer, publishing four successful novel under the name of Sasha Wagstaff. Pieces of You is my first novel as Ella Harper and it was inspired by a personal loss and fertility issues suffered by friends. The Years of Loving You was inspired by the idea of missed opportunities and the role timing plays when it comes to affairs of the heart.

Author links – http://www.ellaharper.co.uk/



Thank you Ella. Now, lets find out about Ella's new book.

Book Blurb

 From the award-winning author of PIECES OF YOU comes this enthralling love story, guaranteed to make you laugh, cry and dream upon a star…

What if your first love was your only love?
When Molly is diagnosed with a life changing illness, it feels like her whole world has come crashing down. She hopes the news will make her marriage to Sam stronger. But why does Molly always call best friend Ed in a crisis?
Ed. The very same Ed that Molly fell in love with at a party when they were teenagers, underneath a star-filled sky. Then life took them in very different directions. They could only ever be friends.
Suddenly Molly starts to question every decision she’s ever made. What if they could turn back the clock? Back to the very beginning. When the only certainty they shared was each other …






https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25394462-the-years-of-loving-you?from_search=true&search_version=service

 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Years-Loving-You-Ella-Harper-ebook/dp/B00Y7M3MW0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1444338471&sr=8-3&keywords=ella+harper   http://www.amazon.com/Years-Loving-You-Ella-Harper/dp/000758184X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1445187082&sr=8-1&keywords=the+years+of+loving+you 





- Copyright © 2013-2014 Brook Cottage Books - Powered by Blogger - Graphics & Blog Customization by JellydogDesign